- Appointed to the City Council in October 2007. Elected in April 2009 and re-elected in April 2013 and November 2017.
- Previously, he served on the Planning Commission.
- The Nun family moved to Derby in 1988. Since that time he has seen the community grow substantially and enjoys being involved in the decision-making process regarding future growth.
- Nun retired from a 21-year career in the U.S. Air Force in 1993. He worked in a number of different areas, including flight crew member, strategic planner, intelligence officer, data base manager, and aircraft maintenance officer.
- Nun is now a financial consultant with TruePoint Financial in Derby. He earned his bachelor of science in education from the University of Nebraska and his master of science in management and human relations from Abilene Christian University in Texas.
- He is active in his church, Cross of Glory Lutheran Church, and is a member of the Derby Chamber of Commerce and Derby Rotary Club.
- Nun and his wife, Susan, have four children, Staci, Alicia, Tamara and Eric, along with eight grandchildren.
- Elected in April 2015.
Appointed to the Derby Planning Commission in May 2011 and served as Chairman beginning May 2014.
- Served as Mayor Pro-Tem for the Town of Parker, Colorado and as a Director of the Parker Water and Sanitation District.
- Originally moved to Derby in 1979 and worked for Cessna Aircraft Company in International Sales. Accepted a position with Jeppesen Sanderson, a Boeing Company, in Denver in 1986. After retirement in 2009, he and his wife returned to Derby.
- Served in the U.S. Navy as a carrier pilot in Vietnam, flying attack and fighter aircraft.
- He earned his bachelors in science from Colorado State University.
- Active member of Derby First Presbyterian Church and the Derby Rotary Club, where he served as president from 2014-15.
- Active K-State Master Gardener.
- Jack and his wife, Linda, have four adult children and 10 grandchildren.