Check out a May 2021 article on the National School Public Relations Association website.
Congratulations to our Derby Proud Photo Contest Winners
- Rylie Herring, 13, Learning in Lockers
- Brett Gagne, 17, Lost in Reflection
- Patrick Jarchow, 18 and over, Eagle on the Pond
The City of Derby celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2019. We spent the year reliving our history, telling stories about our accomplishments and recognizing the good things being done in our community.
Going forward, we want to ride that momentum and talk about why we, Derby residents, are proud of our past, present and future. Derby Proud: it’s a phrase you’ve probably seen associated with the Derby Schools. Now, we are embracing it as a community. We work hard, we play hard and we are happy to call Derby our home.
There are projects in the works, including a video series and social media campaign. We need faces and stories to use for these items. Could you be the one to represent Derby? Here’s how you can get involved:
- Tell us why you are Derby proud by emailing email@example.com. Your response can be as long, or short, as you like. Be sure it’s genuine and positive. Photos are a great addition as well.
- Fill out our easy online form to provide your feedback.
- Create your own short video and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’re looking for your original, unique and fun videos we can share with everyone. You may also post your videos to a social media account and use #DerbyProud so they are easy to find. You can tag the City of Derby on Facebook (Derby, Kansas City Hall) and Instagram (cityofderbyks).
By sending us your feedback and videos, we take that as permission to use and share them.
Let’s have some fun and celebrate who we are and all the wonderful people in our community!