STAR Bonds: Final Phase
Overview: Final Phase
- Learn more about STAR Bonds
- STAR Bond Final Phase Project Plan 3rd Amendment
- STAR Bond Project Plan 3rd Amendment Ordinance
- Wichita State Supplemental Feasibility Study
- Final Phase: Imagine Hospitality
- Watch City Council meetings live and on demand on our Channel 7 page.
The Final Phase of STAR bonds in Derby is proposed for consideration by the City Council and the Kansas Department of Commerce. Kansas statutes governing STAR bonds require a process of notifications, publications, studies and public hearings. The first step was a City Council presentation on Sept. 14 and a public hearing was held on October 26, 2021 with the City Council authorizing expansion of the district. The next step is a public hearing scheduled for May 10, 2022 to consider the final project plan.
- Sept. 14, 2021: Proposed Expansion of the STAR Bond District and set a public hearing for October 26, 2021 (Resolution 06-2021)
- Watch the meeting video. See Item 8.3.
- Oct. 26, 2021: Public Hearing, Ordinance to Expand STAR Bond District, and Set a Public Hearing to Amend the Project Plan
- Watch the meeting video. See Item 8.2
- A public Open House was held Nov. 30 from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Venue at Madison Avenue Central Park, 512 E. Madison Ave.
- STAR Bond Overview Presentation: Jan. 25, 2022
- May 10, 2022: Public Hearing on STAR Bond Project Plan Third Amendment and Consideration of Fourth Amendment to Development Agreement
- Watch the May 10, 2022 Council Meeting