New Water Meters
Water Meter Zone Map
Work area starting May 15: Southwest Derby (Zone 19)
The City of Derby is working with Professional Meters, Inc. (PMI) to install 6,000 new water meters at households and businesses in Derby beginning May 15. The project will take several months to complete. If you live in a new home built in the last few years you already have a new meter and won't need a replacement.
Here’s what to expect:
- A PMI employee will come to your home or business and turn off your water to install the meter. All work is performed outside. Nobody will ask to come into your home.
- If you are a business owner, the PMI employee will work with you to schedule a time to change out the water meter so your business is not disrupted.
- Once the new meter is installed, your water will be turned back on. If you are not home, they will perform the work and leave a door hanger to let you know the work was completed.
- PMI employees will be driving marked vehicles, wearing a uniform and have an ID badge to properly identify themselves.
- The work schedule for PMI employees is 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday thru Thursday and half a day on Friday. They will not work on city-observed holidays.
- See more information by reading our Water Meter FAQs.
The City will provide regular updates on the city website and social media pages (Facebook: Derby, Kansas City Hall and Twitter: @DerbyKS). These updates will give residents a general time frame of when to expect work to occur in their neighborhood.
If you have questions related to this project, please call PMI at 855-215-5122. If you have questions about your water service or billing, call the City of Derby at 788-1424 (M-Th 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and F 7:30 a.m. to 1 p.m.).