Boards & Commissions
The City of Derby's Boards and Commissions are important to City government. The Mayor makes appointments to the boards and commissions, and the City Council confirms those appointments. Board appointments range from two to four years.
The City of Derby needs you to serve! The community needs your help to guide Derby's future. Applications for the following are being accepted through March 16, 2023 at 5 p.m. You may download an application or stop by City Hall and request one.
- Board of Construction, Trades, & Appeals - 1 opening
- Community Development Advisory Board - 1 opening
- Library Board - 1 opening
- Parks & Urban Forestry Board - 1 opening
- Planning Commission & Board of Zoning Appeals - 2 openings
- Senior Services Advisory Board - 4 openings
- One City-Appointed position on the Derby Recreation Commission Board (begins Sept. 1)
Derby's Boards and Commissions:
- ADA Advisory Board
- Board of Construction, Trades & Appeals
- Community Development Advisory Board
- Derby Recreation Commission Board
- El Paso Water Company Board of Directors
- Parks & Urban Forestry Board
- Planning Commission
- Senior Services Advisory Board
- Board of Zoning Appeals
Derby Positions on Sedgwick County Boards (one seat each):
If you have questions, contact the City Clerk at 316-788-3132.