Look for your pet on the Animal Control Facebook Page
All animals picked up by Animal Control within the Derby city limits are transported to the Wichita Animal Shelter at 3303 N. Hillside in Wichita if the owner cannot be found the day the animal is picked up in Derby.
If your animal is missing, immediately
contact the shelter at (316) 350-3366 to provide a description of your animal. Even if your animal is not at the shelter, providing shelter staff with a description will help them more quickly identify your pet if he/she does turn up.
Owners have three days
to claim their animals. The Wichita Animal Shelter is open:
- Monday through Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6:30 p.m.
- Sunday and most holidays, 1 – 5 p.m.
- Closed on Christmas day, Thanksgiving day and New Year’s day.
Cost to retrieve an animal from the Wichita Animal Shelter:
- $45: Wichita Animal Shelter service fee
- $10: Rabies fee (if rabies vaccination is not current)
- $10: Daily boarding fee
Residents can also check the City of Wichita’s website
to find animals that have been picked up or turned in by residents.
For more information on animal licensing contact Derby City Hall at (316) 788-1519.
For more information on Derby Animal Control, contact Derby Police Department at
(316) 788-1557 or view the City Code