The Derby Police Department in Derby, Kansas is looking for civic-minded men and women who have a desire to serve and protect and are willing to build relationships with businesses and residents. Exceptional career advancement opportunities are available.
Derby offers training opportunities for officers to join specialized units such as School Resource Officers, bike patrol, investigations and Special Operations Team.
For more information or to apply online, visit our Job Openings page. Questions? Contact MacKensie at 316-788-1519 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Top 10 Reasons to Work for Derby
- Derby's Number of Female Officers Exceeds the National Average
- Derby Police Officers Build Bridge for Resident in Need
What We Offer
- Pay range: $23.69 to $32.06/hour (additional pay for experienced officers).
- Hiring Bonuses: $1,500 for non-commissioned officers, $2,500 for commissioned officers and $2,000 for prior military
- Education Pay: All certified officers are eligible to receive education pay of $2,000 ($500 each year for 4 years)
for a Bachelor degree and a total of $3,500 ($500 for 7 years) for a Master degree or higher.
- Paid relocation expenses (successful candidate needs to discuss with HR)
- Retirement program - Kansas Police & Fire Retirement System (KP&F)
- Great health and dental benefits
- Competitive vacation, holiday and sick leave (80 hours of paid vacation in year one)
- Corporate gym membership discounts at the YMCA and Derby Recreation Commission
- 21 years of age (you can begin the application process when you are 20)
- U.S. citizen
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Background and physical requirements
- Polygraph and psychological tests
- Good moral character
Derby is a family-oriented, growing community of more than 25,000 in the Wichita metropolitan area. Whether you're a new recruit or an experienced officer, Derby is the place to build your law enforcement career.