Welcome to Derby! We are glad you’re here. During your stay, whether long or short, we invite you to explore our unique parks, community events, shopping, restaurants and more. Derby is a great place to stay and play for the entire family. We have a variety of listings for you and are happy to answer any questions you might have about Derby. Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or give is a call at 316-788-1519.
Visit our parks
- Decarsky Park - ball fields
- The Dog Park at Decarsky Park
- High Park
- Madison Avenue Central Park
- Rock River Rapids
- Warren Riverview Park
Check out the City's 2023 events
The City of Derby along with many of our community groups and organizations host a variety of events throughout the year.
- Third Thursday - March 16, April 20, May 18, August 17, Sept. 21, Oct. 19, 2023
- Smoke on the Plains BBQ & Music Fest - June 9 & 10 at High Park
- July 4 Celebration
- Tree Lighting (November 2023)
- See more community listings at DerbyKS.com/events.
Shop til you drop
Derby’s main shopping areas are along K-15, Madison Ave. and Rock Rd. From home-town boutiques and family-owned businesses to national retailers, Derby has a variety of shopping options for everyone.
Find your favorite meal
Everyone loves to eat! We have options from Mexican, Italian, pizza, diners, fast food and homegrown restaurants. We encourage you to check out options online or start with these restaurant listings or view our list of registered restaurants.
Stay the night
Fun things to do
If you’re looking for something fun to do while you’re here, check out these options:
- Derby Bowl
- Derby Golf & Country Club
- Derby Historical Museum
- Open Saturdays from 10 a.m. to noon April - October
- Derby Plaza Theaters
- Derby Public Library/Gathering Space Gallery
- Derby Recreation Center
- Field Station: Dinosaurs
- First Man Brewery
- The Sandbox (restaurant, bar, pickleball, cornhole, sand volleyball)