Join us Thursday, Sept. 21 at Madison Avenue Central Park from 5 to 8 p.m. for Third Thursday. Third Thursday is a time to celebrate the arts in Derby. Enjoy live music, artist exhibits, adult beverages, food truck fare and more.
Check out the new Third Thursday: Derby, KS Facebook page for the most up-to-date event information.
Activities at Madison Avenue Central Park
- Artists: Mickey Shannon, fine art nature photography; Lari Howard, watercolor paintings and charcoal drawings; and Deb Thomas, gourd art.
- Entertainment: Derby Dance Company (5:20 p.m.), Ballet Wichita (5:40 p.m.), and the Derby Recreation Commission Sing Off Contest (6 to 8 p.m.).
- Food and drinks: Busy B’s, Cheezepanzee, El Gusto, Funky Monkey Munchies, Honey and Rue’s, Taters N Toppings, Tickled Pink, Want Bierocks, First Man Brewery, Grace Hill Winery, Shaken or Stirred Bartending.
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market vendors.
Other Participating Locations
- Derby Historical Museum, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Derby Public Library, 6 to 8 p.m., photography by Steve Marler and Barney Tull. Art by Jeffrey Gowen in the High Wall Gallery. Live music by On Tap.
- First Man Brewery, 3 to 10 p.m., Zach Arroyo, glass and mixed media art.
- Hubbard Arts Center, 6 to 8 p.m., dedication for Gary Behrens and an art contest.
- The Sandbox, 7 to 10 p.m., live music on the patio.
Upcoming Third Thursday Events
- Oct. 19: Decarsky Dog Park, 1600 Line Dr.
- Halloween Costume Contest for your four-legged friends.
We feature up to three artists at each event. Art forms typically selected include canvas painting (oil/acrylic), glass blowing, handmade pottery, and professional nature and landscape photography. There is a $25 artist fee.
To be considered for an for upcoming event, apply here.
Booth Space and Sponsorships
Most booth spaces in the event lawn are Kansas Grown Farmers Market vendors.
Fundraising booths - One nonprofit organization per event may set up a 10'x10' booth upon approval. Groups must be located in Derby, civic and community minded, demonstrating Derby Proud attributes by services provided. Please email a description of your organization and purpose of your booth.