Join us Thursday, Oct. 19 at Decarsky Dog Park from 5 to 8 p.m. for Third Thursday. Third Thursday is a time to celebrate the arts in Derby. Enjoy artist exhibits, adult beverages, food truck fare and more. You do not need to bring a dog to attend.
Check out the new Third Thursday: Derby, KS Facebook page for the most up-to-date event information.
Activities at Decarsky Dog Park
- Artists: Enjoy pet art by Alexandria Olthoff and Jacob Seymore. Have your dog pose for a portrait at the event with Jacob Seymore.
- Howl-O-Ween Dog Costume Contest. Register online and bring your dog in costume to Third Thursday for a chance to win great prizes from local veterinarians and dog care stores.
- Food and drinks: Cheezepanzee, El Gusto, Funky Monkey Munchies, Honey and Rue’s, Taters N Toppings, Waffles N Stuff, First Man Brewery, Grace Hill Winery, Shaken or Stirred Bartending.
- Dog-related booths including Derby Animal Control, Petco, Vetco and more!
- Kansas Grown Farmers Market vendors.
Other Participating Locations
- Derby Historical Museum, 5 to 8 p.m.
- Derby Public Library, 6 to 8 p.m., Kansas Academy of Oil Painter reception. Live music by TJ Bayliff. View art from Saadia Schroeder on the High Wall Gallery.
- First Man Brewery, 3 to 10 p.m., photography by Anthony Fincher.
- Hubbard Arts Center, 6 to 8 p.m.
- The Sandbox, 7 to 10 p.m.
Upcoming Third Thursday Events
- April 18, 2924: Madison Avenue Central Park, 512 E. Madison Ave.
- May 16, 2024: Warren Riverview Park, 321 W. Market.
We feature up to three artists at each event. Art forms typically selected include canvas painting (oil/acrylic), glass blowing, handmade pottery, and professional nature and landscape photography. There is a $25 artist fee.
To be considered for an for upcoming event, apply here.
Booth Space and Sponsorships
Most booth spaces in the event lawn are Kansas Grown Farmers Market vendors.
Fundraising booths - One nonprofit organization per event may set up a 10'x10' booth upon approval. Groups must be located in Derby, civic and community minded, demonstrating Derby Proud attributes by services provided. Please email a description of your organization and purpose of your booth.