Halloween Decorating Contest
2023 City of Derby Halloween Decorating Contest
Do you love Halloween? Do you go all out decorating every year? Join the competition if you dare!
Out-BOO your neighbors in one of two categories:
- Spookiest Home
- Most Creative Home
There will also be a "Mayor's Pick" winner
All participants must submit two photos of their entry. Photos need to be taken by the resident. City staff will not take pictures. This will be an online contest where winners will be determined by the number of likes each photo receives on the City of Derby’s Facebook page, Facebook.com/derbyks.
Entry deadline is October 16. The contest is free to enter. Online entry form.
Judging will begin Oct. 20 and run through Oct. 31. People are encouraged to judge not only by photos but by visiting each entry to see it in person. A map will be available of all participating homes.
Winners will be announced Nov. 1. Each winner will receive a $100 gift card to a local Derby business of their choice.
- Participation is open to City of Derby residents.
- Contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior.
- Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Only those decorations located on the street side of the property will be judged. Corner lots will be judged from both streets.
- Participants agree to have one or more photos of the exterior of their decorated home as well as the home's address posted on Derbyks.com and Facebook. Photos may be used in future promotional publications.
- Participants agree there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication.