Create a Website Account - Manage notification subscriptions, save form progress and more.
DOWNLOAD BID INFORMATIONDOWNLOAD MAP
May 12, 2023
The City of Derby, Kansas (“City”) is soliciting statements of qualifications for engineering services to design an interceptor sewer from the northern boundary of the STAR bond district to north of 55th Street N. Each “Respondent” must submit three print copies and email to the address below an electronic copy of the Response Form along with associated documents to Derby City Hall, 611 North Mulberry, Suite 300, Derby, Kansas 67037, no later than 5:00 p.m. June 14, 2023. Late responses will not be accepted and will not receive further consideration.
Information provided in your response will be considered proprietary and will not be divulged to third parties during the review process unless otherwise required by law. Because the services sought will require the expenditure of public funds, part or all of the successful proposal, as well as the resulting contract, will likely be public records within the meaning of the Kansas Open Records Act. Prior to acceptance of a proposal, the information contained in each proposal will be used for evaluating the ability of your team to complete this project and will not be shared with persons not involved with the selection process unless otherwise required by law.
1. ABOUT THIS DOCUMENTThis document is a request for statement of qualifications, not an invitation to bid. The City seeks to identify the Respondent best able to satisfactorily complete the project. Qualifications will be evaluated based upon criteria formulated around the most important features of the service. Quality, references, experience, availability, capabilities, fee range and project approach will be considered in awarding a contract. The City will thoroughly review all timely submittals received. It is anticipated a contract will be executed with the Respondent having qualifications that best meet the needs of the City; however, the City reserves the right to reject all proposals or responses or to cancel the RFSQ process or project.
2. BACKGROUND and OBJECTIVES/SCOPE OF SERVICERespondents will be evaluated on experience, quality, work load, schedule and fee range. The City seeks an engineering firm that will provide all required services, including labor, equipment, material and consumables, necessary to complete the project described below and in the “Scope of Service.” If the City desires to proceed after evaluating the proposals, staff will recommend award of a contract to the Derby City Council.
The project is the design of a sanitary sewer interceptor which will begin by matching location and flowline with a set of sewer plans by others at the north boundary of the STAR bond district, at Patriot Avenue approximately 1400’ east of Rock Rd. The routing of the proposed sewer will continue north to 55th St. N. and will be of an appropriate size and depth to serve proposed developments at the northeast and southeast corners of 55th St. N. and Rock Road.
City of Derby standards and regulations will apply to any recommended improvements.
The purpose of this request is to seek consulting engineers that meet all criteria for preparation of all necessary documents for the design. The City will provide the following:
The Scope of Service shall include, but may not be limited to:
3. CONFIDENTIAL MATTERS; DATA OWNERSHIPThe Respondent selected (“Consultant”) will be required to agree that:
4. REQUIREMENTSThis section is included to help Respondents develop a thorough and responsive Statement of Qualifications. Respondents should follow this general format and must include all required elements:
5. TENTATIVE TIME LINEThe following dates are provided to assist Respondents in planning participation in the project and are subject to change without notice:
Issuance of RFSQ ..................................................................................................... May 12, 2023
Last Date to Request Clarifications, Information and Questions .............................. May 26, 2023
Last Addendum Issued (If needed) ......................................................... 5:00 p.m., May 31, 2023
Proposals Due ......................................................................................... 5:00 pm., June 14, 2023
6. SELECTION CRITERIA
The City of Derby, Kansas reserves the right to select the Respondent which best meets its required needs, budget constraints, quality levels, and administrative expectations, to select one or more Respondents to accomplish this task in a timely manner, or to reject all proposals.
7. SUMMARY OF REQUIRED SUBMITTALS:
The undersigned, on behalf of the Respondent, certifies that Respondent’s submittal package: (1) is submitted without previous understanding, agreement or connection with any person, team or corporation making another proposal for the same services; (2) is submitted without collusion or fraud; (3) is submitted by a person who is legally empowered to bind the Respondent in whose name the proposal is submitted; (4) is submitted with full understanding of all provisions of the RFSQ; (5) if accepted by the City, is guaranteed as submitted and with any subsequent Respondent amendments approved by the City and will be implemented as stated; and (6) the Respondent, if selected by the City, will enter into a contract consistent with its proposal notwithstanding any subsequently discovered errors therein.
ADDRESS_________________________________________ CITY/STATE____________ ZIP____________
TAXPAYER I.D. NUMBER__________________________________________________________________
WEB SITE ADDRESS____________________________________ E-MAIL___________________________
TYPE OF ORGANIZATION (check one):
Sole Proprietorship _______Partnership ________Corporation _______ Public Corporation_________
Respondent acknowledges receipt of the following addenda: #1_______, #2_______, #3_______
Respondent acknowledges it has examined the RFSQ, including all of its requirements, terms, conditions, and sections. Exceptions to any part of the RFSQ or any attachments or addenda thereto should be clearly delineated and detailed.
AUTHORIZED SIGNATURE: _______________________________________________________________